Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Good and Bad Numbers

The good numbers are eight (fortune), nine (longevity), two (easy life), three (lively life) and six (continuity).

The bad numbers are four (associated with death) and seven (connected with mourning).

This piece of info is from a Chinese numerologist named Raymond Lo. (Thank you)

This blog came to mind because I had one student who told me this morning that she is very particular when it comes to choosing numbers for her mobile phones (I think she has three). I asked why. She said that here in China, gathering auspicious numbers is a part of life. And they would pay a big amount just for a set of lucky numbers.

After hearing this, I remember my old mobile phone number which was 13844777444. Now I know why it was so cheap!

Note: Don't call the number anymore, pls. It was disconnected after a week's use. :-(

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

I also believe in auspicious numbers. For example, we always request for our car plates not to have the number four because of its negative connotation. Any number is fine except four.

I always thought that seven is a good number. This is the first time that I've heard of it's connection with mourning. I think many Filipinos associate number seven as an auspicious number.

Rach

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger Venusian said...

Hi Rach,
Good morning..am gald you also believe in this auspicious numbers.

And talking about car plates, I heard that upper class in HK spend big amount of money at auctions just for these precious numbers.

Jackie Chan was even rumoured paying HK$1.5 million for numbers 123 because they suggest "strong, easy living."

May auctions for car registrations din ba sa atin Rach?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home